Friday 27 March 2020

Lockdown

Day four of lockdown and the from the garden list is 35 including the nine Greenland White fronted Geese that feed on the Carr every night returning to Big Waters for a wash and brush up around 8am. Nice to see them demonstrating social distancing.
Looking at the stocks I can survive 28 days without going out. Will run out of toilet roll and washing powder after the weekend but if nobody sees me I can stink as much as I like. There's still good old soap, water and the left hand!
I know the water authority don't want you to do it but I am of an age that when I visited the grandparents at Burradon there was still newspaper on the hook in the outside netty (toilet for those not of these parts). If you wanted soft you had to take the roll out with you from the house because if left in the loo it went damp. There's a hint to make newspaper comfortable....dampen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment