Friday 9 March 2012

Slipped by

As Curlew numbers continue to build on the Carr and signs of spring are all around I'm getting precious little time to enjoy it as work and car gang up to make life unbearable. Yesterday was wasted sorting out what was urgent and getting a new exhaust so I missed an anniversary. Don't fret there's no woman in the background wailing, I mean that it's six months yesterday since three Short eared Owls turned up building to five by the next day and peaking at thirteen during October. Now it looks like they're moving away. Eight last Friday was down to four or five by midweek but you never know. The books say SEO's don't breed under 1000ft but if there is still a pair here by the end of March I'll be getting over excited again.
Still looking for that perfect pic. I'm sure that branch wasn't there when I pressed the shutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment