Monday 16 September 2013

Autumn movement

A brief one before my broadband contracts again. Saturday morning and lots of Meadow Pipit and Skylark action overhead probably local birds but like the Swallows on the line preparing to depart. Twenty five Pied Wagtails in the horse fields and good flocks of Goldfinch, Greenfinch and Bullfinch. The afternoon I headed up the coast where, compared to previous weeks, there was little of note. A distant Red throated Diver at Snab point was the highlight so I returned to the patch where whilst chatting on the viewing platform a small group of birds were flycatching in the reeds nearby consisting of a female Stonechat and two or three Whinchat. That's 105 for the list and makes up partly for the Spotted Flycatcher people are telling me about but I still can't find.

No comments:

Post a Comment