Sunday 20 October 2013

Great return

Yesterday morning saw me doing my web count postponed from last week due to tide time and weather then back to the patch for a quick wander before heading off to family duties. Nothing special about, or so I thought. Nice flock of Siskin and a small flock of Redpoll but couldn't get close enough for a Mealy ID. I returned late afternoon to find Bill, Graeme and Les scoping intently and was advised of the Great Grey Shrike found by RN earlier. Nice bird and a pleasant lift for a quiet October to date.
Is it the same bird as wintered two years ago November 9th 2011 to March 2012 one wonders. These birds are known to return to wintering locations and it seemed to know the area around Pringles pond picking out some good vantage points. Only time will tell for if it is still here in a months time then I would assume it is likely to be the same individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment