Sunday 29 December 2013

See duck

Upon reading a report of Black throated Diver at Druridge Pools I headed up there in my only time remaining between appointments on Saturday afternoon. Fat chance of it likely to be sitting in front of the Oddie hide but I opened the shutters carefully so as not to disturb the ...... zero birds nearby. Oh well, I settled down and ID'd  a far distant Long tailed duck and pair of Red breasted Merganser. Then from my right appeared the long staying Common Scoter.
A nice paddle past ensued allowing good views of this bird normally seen in a raft among it's relatives out at sea.
She headed purposefully off to see her other sea bird mates and they had a brief conflab, presumably discussing the better weather conditions before the two ducks stayed and the Mergansers flew back out to sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment