Wednesday 1 January 2014

Flying into the New Year

Well that's that all over. I'm afraid I hate New Year and disappear into my pit till it's safe to emerge when folk begin acting normally again. This years snooze into 2014 was rudely interrupted by neighbours setting off fireworks which seems to be gaining prevalence over the traditional Bonfire night celebrations. The recent english habit of adopting other nations traditions over their own really gets on my tits. 
The Prestwick Carr list ended on 108 with Peregrine being the final addition although I missed out on Merlin and Goshawk that passed through on Monday. A final walk yesterday turned up a nice but evasive Goldcrest.
a Ladybird that I assume is hibernating in the top of this fence post
and the usual culprits of Kestrel and Willow Tit still pleasantly prevalent on the patch. Now to get on with 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment