Wednesday 25 August 2010

Puddles


Out sharp this morning after the deluge to see what had dropped in on the Carr. Headed for the flashes in the horse paddocks in the hope of re-living last years bonanza. As I arrived a flash of the tail indicated the wheet earse of a Wheatear on return journey which soon evaded my camera but the many Pied Wagtail, Meadow Pipit and Finches gave great pleasure but no great photographic opportunities. Then.........as I turned for home a tew tew indicted the imminent arrival of a target species. A lone Greenshank landed, looked at the puddle which was far too small to be called a flash, then took off again before I had time to raise the camera. Tick anyway No 102 Greenshank.
Hola Overlord. I'm afraid the logic for such a tag is lost in the translation but welcome all the same. Oh did you say puddles...............I thought you said poodles!
Just found this link through Overlords favs. Can you imagine ringing 206 Red Backed Shrike and 52 Thrush Nightingale? http//birdringing.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment