Wednesday 12 February 2014

Dippair

Sitting in the traffic on Ponteland Bridge I noticed a Dipper on a rock downstream so turned into the Diamond car park for a closer look. By the time I got out of the car the bird had been joined by it's mate no doubt ready to kick the breeding season off.
If the weather had been less bleak I would have purchased a pint and made an afternoon of watching the bird hunt for food. The river was fast flowing and after diving in the little bird was swept away but seemed quite happy with the water ride eventually dipping below the surface....
and coming back up with a grub. At least somebody's happy with the river conditions although if it gets much higher I'm sure the birds will move to more peaceful tributaries. Why do Dipper photo opportunities always occur in crap light that's what I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment