Friday 17 April 2015

Stuck

Mountains of work and more problems mean I'm missing out again on the best weeks of the year. My Collared Dove pair on attempt No 3 keep an eye on me just in case I get distracted as I often do. Yesterday morning it was a Peregrine circling high behind my house when it must have spotted something and went into the stoop disappearing from view toward the north. Wednesday evening I got an hour on the Carr at dusk and was rewarded with two Little Ringed Plover on the flash south west of Mayfair Cottage. Also two Shelduck courting, four Oystercatcher and twenty plus Curlew some making Whimbrel noises but I wasn't convinced. Hunted ten or more Pied Wagtail for a White one but no joy. All were photographed but just dots in the distance. Hopefully the weekend may bring some respite however I somehow doubt it.
With the purpose of getting and giving bird sighting info I've also taken to Twittering however am a bit bemused by the protocol and not sure if I can tolerate it. Facebook got booted ages ago in the interests of anonymity.

No comments:

Post a Comment