Sunday 18 July 2010

Success


After an uneventful visit to East Chevington yesterday I hid myself in the Ponteland hide at Hauxley and watched for an hour as this Common Tern hovered, dived and fed its youngster for over an hour. Out of twenty to thirty dives it was successful about 75% of the time and in the end it was just throwing the fish down at the feet of the juvenile who was in danger of being too fat to fly if it received any more.



Loads of shots taken of which I managed a few keepers.






I was quite happy with the results until I saw Graham Catleys blog today......................oh well


1 comment:

  1. Some nice shots, and good to hear the Ponteland Hide is still there ,I had heard it also had been burned down ???
    You should have had your camera underwater for that second last shot ,now that would be impressive.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete