Sunday 28 November 2010

Aerial view


Replenished the feeders at first light and after trying to get some shots of Saturn and Venus which were a spectacular failure (I'm sure my lens doesn't focus on infinty) submitted my Garden Birdwatch tally for last week at 22 species and started this weeks count. 2 Robins, 2 Dunnock, 2 Magpie, 5 Blue Tit, 3 Great Tit, 10 Chaffinch, 2 Greenfinch, 5 Goldfinch, 18 Starling, 22 House Sparrow, 1 Blackbird, 5 Jackdaw, 2 Collared Dove, 1 Pied Wagtail and joy of joy 2 Tree Sparrow all in the first hour. Then, as I returned back upstairs I noticed the garden was suddenly deserted.


Well hardly suprising with this old girl keeping an eye out. Tatty looking female Sparrowhawk saving effort in the cold and just waiting on next doors aerial. This is one of at least three birds that visit my garden although with limited success of late although I'm sure the increased numbers of birds feeding will result in them getting a meal.



I'm not sure I want to be the provider of this bounty but I suppose live and let live.

1 comment: