Tuesday 23 August 2011

Lunchtime



Wherever I've been recently there's normally been a Common Darter about. This one was hunting from a fence at Whittle Dene on Saturday and quite succesfully at that. I spent some time watching her, watching me and the air above. Every thirty seconds or so she would be off do one circuit overhead and land back on the same length of fence with a fly which she would then devour.



She must have done the same routine about fifteen times whilst I watched and tried to get some head on shots of the prey being eaten.



If she kept on at the rate she was going then questions would have to be asked regarding the size of her first and second segments.







I'm afraid they look a bit bloated from this angle missus!

1 comment:

  1. That side on shot takes some beating. It's perfect for seeing its structure.

    ReplyDelete