Tuesday 14 June 2011

A bit of sun


A nice summers evening after the turmoil of the day. The Meadow Pipits seem to have started a second round of display.




The Redstart is still feeding his young but has yet to give me a close up photo opportunity although Bill tells me (with the benefit of his all seing Leicas) that the male bird is ringed. That suggests it's possibly one of last years juveniles as I'm sure there was a ringing study here then ( 20 plus nest boxes don't just disappear over a year!) Unfortunately I don't know who carried it out.


Small Butterfly activity with one Skipper



and a few Coppers but no Green Hairstreak that I've been searching for since I heard RN found one on June 3rd last year.




Plenty of Small Coppers at St Marys' Island this afternoon where a couple of Blues drifted across the overgrown wetland as I chatted to BR.

No comments:

Post a Comment